Franco Columbu Biography ((?)-)
Born in Sardinia, Italy. Addresses: HOME--West Los Angeles, CA. PUBLICIST--Selfman and Others Public Relations, 2491 Purdue Avenue, Los Angeles, CA90064.
CTFT has learned through material provided by Dr. Columbu that he has, on occasion, been referred to as the "Sardinian Superman," and that his recreational activities include raising many varieties of roses. He also owns an aviarycontaining some eighty finches, doves, and canaries.
- Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Stay Hungry, United Artists, 1976.
- Pumping Iron, Cinema 5, 1977.
- Conan the Barbarian, Universal, 1982.
- The Terminator, Orion, 1984.
- Raw Deal, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1986.
- Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; EPISODIC
- Streets of San Francisco, ABC.
- Sixty Minutes, CBS.
- Credits; MOVIES
- Hustler of Muscle Beach, ABC, 1980.
- Getting Physical, CBS, 1984.
- Also Shepherd to Superstar; Real People, NBC; To Tell the Truth, CBS; Wide World of Sports, ABC; That's Incredible!, ABC; Also The Merv Griffin Show;The Phil Donahue Show; Afternoon Exchange;AM Los Angeles; AM Washington; Daybreak; The Mike Douglas Show; The Guinness Show; Tommy Hawkins; Morning Exchange; Noonbreak; Noon Day; Sunday Open House; Sun Up; Viewpoint on Nutrition; Dorothy Fuldheim; Kelley and Company; Kids Are People Too; Mid Morning L.A.; World's Strongest Men; P.M. Magazine.
- Winning Bodybuilding, CBI, 1977.
- Coming on Strong, CBI, 1978.
- Starbodies: The Women's Weight Training Book, E. P. Dutton, 1978.
- Weight Traning for the Young Athlete, CBI, 1979.
- Winning Powerlifting and Weightlifting, CBI, 1979.
- Bodybuilding for the Young Athlete, Simon & Schuster, 1979.
- Franco Columbu's Complete Book of Bodybuilding, CBI, 1982.
- The Businessman's Minutes-a-Day Guide to Shaping-Up, CBI, 1983.
- Redesign Your Body, E. P. Dutton, 1985.
- The Bodybuilder's Nutrition Book, CBI, 1985.
- Staff writer for "Muscle and Fitness" and "Flex Magazine."