Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Henry Winkler to Paul Zaza
Garland Wright Biography ((?)-)
Born in Texas; father, a building contractor. Addresses: OFFICE--20 W.84th Street, New York, NY 10036.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Officer, attendant, Cypriot, and soldier, Othello, American National Theatre and Academy Theatre, New York City, 1970.
- Also appeared with the American Shakespeare Festival, Stratford, CT, 1970.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; DIRECTOR
- Kingdom of Earth, McCarter Theatre, Princeton, NJ, 1974.
- The Tempest, Lion Theatre Company, New York City, 1974.
- Vanities, Chelsea Westside Theatre, New York City, then Center Theatre Group, Mark Taper Forum, Los Angeles, CA, both 1976, later Ford's Theatre Society, Washington, DC, then Seattle Repertory Theatre, Seattle, WA, both 1977.
- (also set designer) Marathon '33, Lion Theatre Company, 1976.
- (also set designer with John Arnone) K--Impressions of Kafka's "The Trial," Lion Theatre Company, Westside Airlines Terminal, New York City, 1977.
- Patio/Porch, Century Theatre, New York City, 1978.
- New Jerusalem, New York Shakespeare Festival, Public Theatre, New York City, 1979.
- Private Wars, on a double-bill with Lone Star, Century Theatre, 1979.
- The Duenna, Center Stage, Baltimore, MD, 1980.
- Eli and Candida, both Tyrone Guthrie Theatre, Minneapolis, MN, 1981.
- The Country Wife, American Place Theatre, New York City, 1982.
- Guys and Dolls, Tyrone Guthrie Theatre, 1983.
- A New Approach to Human Sacrifice, Circle Repertory Theatre, New York City, 1983.
- The Misanthrope, Seattle Repertory Theatre, 1983.
- The Importance of Being Earnest, Tyrone Guthrie Theatre, 1984.
- Anteroom, Playwrights Horizons, New York City, 1985.
- The Good Person of Setzuan and Old Times, both Arena Stage, 1985.
- The Misanthrope and The Piggy Bank, both Tyrone Guthrie Theatre, 1987.
- On the Verge, Acting Company, John Houseman Theatre, New York City, 1987.
- The Imaginary Invalid and Hamlet, both Tyrone Guthrie Theatre, 1989.
- Also assistant director, American Shakespeare Festival, 1971, then associate director, 1972; director, Milwaukee Repertory Theatre, Milwaukee, WI, 1979-80; director, Arena Stage, Washington, DC, 1982- 87; director, Tyrone Guthrie Theatre, 1984; and director, Denver Center Theatre Company, Denver, CO, 1985-86.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; SPECIALS
- Onstage: Twenty-Five Years at the Guthrie, syndicated, 1988.
Other articles you might like: