Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Klaus Badelt to Christophe Beck
John Barrowman Biography (1968-)
Born March 11, 1968, in Glasgow, Scotland; naturalized U.S. citizen; father,in sales; mother, a singer and record store clerk. Addresses: Agent: Innovative Artists NY Talent, 141 Fifth Ave., 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10010-7105.
- Birth Details
- March 11, 1968
- Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Billy Crocker, Anything Goes (musical), Prince Edward Theatre, London, 1989
- Title role, Matador (musical), Queen's Theatre, London, 1991
- Raoul, Phantom of the Opera, Her Majesty's Theatre, London, c. 1992
- Wyndham Brandon, Rope, Minerva Theatre, Chichester Festival, Chichester, England, 1993
- Claude, Hair (musical), Old Vic Theatre, London, 1993
- Chris, Miss Saigon (musical), Theatre Royal, Drury Lane Theatre, London, 1993
- Joe Gillis, Sunset Boulevard, Adelphi Theatre, London, 1994-1995,then (Broadway debut) Minskoff Theatre, 1996
- Cal Chandler, The Fix (musical), Donmar Warehouse Theatre, London,1997
- Barry, Putting It Together, Mark Taper Forum, Los Angeles, 1998, then Broadway production, 1999
- Beast, Beauty and the Beast (musical), Dominion Theatre, London, 1999
Reflections from Broadway (cabaret performance), Arci's Place, NewYork City, 2002
- Bobby, Company, Sondheim Festival, Kennedy Center, 2002
- Appeared as Che, Evita, Spektrum Arena Theatre, Oslo, Norway.
- Toured as Alex, Aspects of Love, Irish cities.
Hey Mr. Producer (also known as Hey Mr. Producer! The Musical World of Cameron Mackintosh), Columbia TriStar Home Video, 1998
Putting It Together, 2000
Broadway: The Golden Age, by the Legends Who Were There, Second Act Productions, 2002
- Presenter, Live and Kicking, 1993-1994
- Peter Williams, Titans, NBC, 2000
- Appeared as Peter Fairchild in the series Central Park West, CBS;host of the series The Movie Game, BBC.
- Performed for radio broadcasts of Call Me Madam,
The Magic of Musicals, and National Music Day.
Hair: The Musical (original London cast recording), EMI, 1993
Godspell (London studio cast recording), TER, 1993
Songs from Grease (London studio recording), TER, 1994
The Fix (original London cast recording), 1997
John Barrowman: Aspects of Lloyd Webber, Jay, 1997
Reflections from Broadway (solo album), 2000
- Other albums include Matador (cast recording), Sony; The Musicof Andrew Lloyd Webber, TER; Phantom of the Opera and Other Broadway Hits, TER; Red Red Rose; and Songs from Webber's The Phantom ofthe Opera, with Bonus Tracks from Sunset Boulevard. Also recorded the single, "I Was Born to Be Me"/"I'll Dress You in Mourning," 1991.
US, October, 1995; April, 1996
Vanity Fair, November, 1995
John Barrowman, http://www.johnbarrowman.com
Other articles you might like: