Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Nicholas Selby to Marc Singer
Lewis Shena Biography (1948-)
Born Lewis Pshena, December 14, 1948; son of Martin (a garment cutter) and Toby (a secretary; maiden name, Berger) Pshena. Addresses: HOME--484 W.43rd Street, Apt. 23P, New York, NY 10036.
- FIRST STAGE WORK--Assistant stage manager, Knight of the Burning Pestle,State University of New York at Buffalo, NY, 1967, for five performances.
- FIRST NEW YORK STAGE WORK--Stage manager, Vermin, Playbox Theatre, 1970,for eighteen performances.
- LONDON DEBUT--Intern, Street Theatre, Interspace Theatre Company, 1968, for ten performances.
Credits; PRINCIPAL THEATRE WORK
- Stage manager for Manhattan Theatre Club, NY, Playwright's Horizons, NY,Hudson Guild, NY, Theatre Dance Collection, Eleo Pomare Dance Company, MariaAlba Spanish Dance Company, Eglevsky Ballet, Jennifer Mullen and the Works, Chelsea Theatre Center, Laurel Theatre Productions.
- The Hot L Baltimore, Third Child, The Skin of Our Teeth, all State University of New York at Buffalo.
- Through the Looking Glass, Haas Theatre, NY.
- St. Joan, St. John's Episcopal Church, NY.
- Come Blow Your Horn, Stagelights II Theatre, NY.
- The Investigation of J.T., Playwrights' Horizons, NY.
- Playing with Fire, Spectrum Theatre, NY.
- Hooks and Eyes, St. Clement's Theatre, NY.
- Ballad of Raintree County, Puerto Rican Traveling Theatre, NY.
- Dolorosa Sanchez, New Dramatists Theatre, NY.
- Full Circle, Collective Actors Theatre, NY.
- The Collector, Greenwich Mews Theatre, NY.
- Also directed summer stock and dinner theatre productions at the Millbrook Playhouse, Tibbits Opera House, Fort Totten Little Theatre and Spotlight Productions including: The Knack; Thurber Carnival; The Mousetrap; The Apple Tree; God's Favorite; Sound of Music; You Can't Take It with You; You Know I Can't Hear You When the Water's Running; Carousel; Life with Father; Fiddler onthe Roof; Sunshine Boys; Night of January 16; Jesse and the Bandit Queen; Same Time Next Year.Also directed the operas: Trouble in Tahiti, The WanderingScholar, The Brute, all at State University of New York at Buffalo, 1969; TheTurn of the Screw, State University of New York at Buffalo, 1970; The Marriage of Figaro, Opera Camerata, 1978; Cosi Fan Tutte, Opera Camerata, 1979; TheBarber of Seville, Richmond Opera Company, 1980; Don Giovanni, Opera Camerata, 1980; Rigoletto, Opera Camerata, 1981; Abduction from the Seraglio, OperaCamerata, 1982; The Medium, Texas Woman's University, 1985.
- Costumes, A Slight Ache and The Basement, Manhattan Theatre Club, NY; costume and set decoration, Ceremonies in Dark Old Men, Hudson Guild Theatre, NY.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK
- Director, The Boor and The Marriage Proposal, cable, 1975.
Other articles you might like: