Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
James D. Bissell to Marlon Brando
Maria Bjornson Biography ((?)-)
- STAGE WORK; PRODUCTION DESIGNER,EXCEPT WHERE NOTED The Janacek Cycle: TheCunning Little Victim, Coliseum Theatre, London, 1980.
- Tales of Hoffmann, Royal Opera House, London, 1981.
- A Midsummer Night's Dream, Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC), Barbican Theatre, London, 1982.
- From the House of the Dead, Welsh National Opera, Birmingham, England, 1983.
- The Tempest, RSC, Barbican Theatre, 1983.
- Hamlet, RSC, Barbican Theatre, 1985.
- Camille, RSC, Comedy Theatre, London, 1985.
- The Lonely Road, Old Vic Theatre, London, 1985.
- Costume designer, Creditors, Almeida Theatre, London, 1986.
- And costume designer, The Phantom of the Opera, Her Majesty's Theatre, London, beginning in 1986, then Center Theatre Group, Ahmanson Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, 1988-89, later Majestic Theatre, New York City, 1988-90.
- Follies, Shaftesbury Theatre, London, 1987.
- Aspects of Love, Prince of Wales Theatre, London, beginning in 1989, thenBroadhurst Theatre, New York City, 1990.
- Production designer for English National Opera productions at the Coliseum, including Carmen, Die Valkyrie, and Toussaint l'Ouverture; the Houston Opera productions Katya Kabonova and Jenufa; The Queen of Spades, for Nedderlandse Opera; The Marriage of Figaro, Geneva Opera House, Geneva, Switzerland; The Cherry Orchard, Chichester Festival Theatre, and The Way of the World, RSC;other productions include Cosi Fan Tutte, Mahagonny, Figaro, Donnerstag AusLicht, Rosenkavalier, Blue Angel, Hedda Gabler, and LUW.
- Theatre Crafts, February, 1988.
Other articles you might like: