Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Willie Aames to Steven Anderson
Janet Aldrich Biography (1956-)
Born Janet Wallerich, October 16, 1956, in Chicago, IL; daughter of George Mueller (a business executive) and Frances Marion (Harper) Wallerich; married Carlos R. Valdes Dapenza (a photography stock company manager), April 9, 1989.Addresses: AGENT--Agents for the Arts, Inc., 1650 Broadway, New York,NY 10019.
Janet Aldrich told CTFT that she has appeared in productions of Cabaret in seven countries and three languages, adding, "It was the film Cabaret that originally inspired me to become an actress and Bob Fosse, coincidentally, was the first person I met when I moved to New York."
- Birth Details
- October 16, 1956
- Chicago, Illinois, United States
- BROADWAY DEBUT--Star to Be, Annie, Uris Theatre, 1982.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Exerciser, nurse, and Joan, American Princess, INTAR Theatre, New York City, 1982.
- courtesan, The Comedy of Errors, Equity Library Theatre, New York City, 1985.
- ensemble, Godspell, Ford's Theatre, Washington, DC, 1985.
- Prudie, Pump Boys and Dinettes, GeVa Theatre, Rochester, NY, 1986.
- ensemble, Forbidden Broadway (revue), Shoreham Hotel, Washington, DC, 1986.
- Sonia, They're Playing Our Song, Downtown Cabaret Theatre, Bridgeport, CT, 1987.
- Ruby, Broadway, Royale Theatre, New York City, 1987.
- Also appeared in The Men's Group, Equity Library Theatre, Bruno Walter Auditorium, New York City, 1983; The Three Musketeers, Broadway Theatre, New York City, 1984; Starmites, Criterion Theatre, New York City, 1989; and in productions of A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum and Wanted Dead orAlive, both in New York City.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Cecile and Bonnie Boylan, then Star to Be, Annie, U.S. cities, 1981.
- Sally Bowles, Cabaret, European cities, 1987-89.
- FILM DEBUT--Blossom, Ringers, Orion, 1986.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Judy, Une Femme ou deux (also known as One Woman or Two), Orion Classics,1985.
- TELEVISION DEBUT--Courtney, As The World Turns, CBS, 1984.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; EPISODIC
- Suzi, The Guiding Light, CBS, 1985.
- Karen, The Guiding Light, CBS, 1987.
Other articles you might like: