Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Holly Fulger to Joanna McClelland Glass
Colin George Biography (1929-)
Born September 20, 1929, in Pembroke Dock, Wales; son of Edward Thomas and Helen Mary (Sandercock) George; married Dorothy Vernon. Addresses: Office--Hong Kong Academy for the Performing Arts, G.P.O. Box 12288, Hong Kong.
- Birth Details
- September 20, 1929
- Pembroke Dock, Wales
Credits; Stage Appearances
- Jack Lucas, Celebration, Duchess Theatre, London, England, 1961.
- First senator, Coriolanus, Barbican Theatre, London, England, 1995.
- Friar, Measure For Measure, Barbican Theatre, 1995.
- Begriffenfeldt and strange passenger, Peer Gynt, Young Vic Theatre, London, England, 1995.
- Second barker, Palau, and stage manager, Les Enfants du Paradis, BarbicanTheatre, 1996.
Credits; Stage Work; Director
- Romeo and Juliet, National Children's Theatre, Belgrade, Yugoslavia, 1959.
- Richard III, Old Vic Theatre, London, England, 1962.
- The Duchess of Malfi, Warsaw, Poland, 1967.
- Vatslav, Stratford, Ontario, Canada, 1968.
- The Hostage, N.A.C., Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 1968.
- Playboy of the Western World, Abbey Theatre, Dublin, Ireland, 1969.
- Strip Jack Naked, Royal Court Theatre, London, England, 1969.
- Oedipus Rex, 1978.
- Elisir D'Amore, State Opera S.A., Australia, 1979.
- Just Ruth, Australia, 1979.
- Last Day in Wooloomooloo, Australia, 1979.
- A Manual of Trench Warfare, Australia, 1979.
- Marx, Australia, 1979.
- Too Early to Say, Australia, 1979.
- Mystery Plays of Wakefield, Adelaide Festival, Adelaide, Australia, 1980.
- Whale Music, Haymarket Theatre, Leicester, England, 1980.
- Falstaff, Haymarket Theatre, 1981.
- Servant of Two Masters, Chung Ying Theater Company, Hong Kong, 1981.
- The Pearl Fishers, Chung Ying Theater Company, 1981.
- The Magic Flute, Chung Ying Theater Company, 1981.
- Royal Hunt of the Sun, Hong Kong Academy for the Performing Arts, Hong Kong, 1984.
- Fidelio, Hong Kong Academy for the Performing Arts, 1984.
Credits; Major Tours
- Toured as an actor, Elizabethan Theatre Company, British cities, 1953.
Credits; Film Appearances
- Burke, Shadow of China, 1990.
- Theatre Record (London), June 4-17, 1995, p. 745; July 30-August 12, 1995, p. 1071; August 27-September 9, 1995, p. 1210; January 29-February 11, 1996, p. 117.
Other articles you might like: